US Census Tract Maps
Overlay Your Data on a US Census MapYou can easily create US census tract maps using Mapline. Created by the Bureau of Census, census tracts are used to analyze populations. Thus, they are designed to follow people instead of political boundaries. These tracts usually have a population size between 2,200 and 8,000. These areas are in census metropolitan areas with a core population of 50,000 or more. Census tracts are identified by an integer number up to 4-digits and may have an optional 2-digit suffix. Use a US census tract map to view your data in a different way to better inform sales and marketing strategies. With Mapline, you can find a US territory map that fits your needs or check out the steps below to create a US census tract map.
Steps to Create US Census Tract MapsMapline offers census tract territories in all US states to help you find exactly what works for your data set. To create a US census map, follow the simple steps below:
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “U.S. Census Tracts.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”