Map of UK Postcode Areas
You can easily create a map of UK postcode areas using Mapline. In the United Kingdom, postcodes are widely used not only in sorting out mail. The uses of postcodes expands from assigning the destination patterns of route planning software to calculating insurance premiums. It is also a vital tool used in census.Postcode area refers to outward code where the characters are letters. Thus, they have “L” for Liverpool or “RH” for Redhill. A postal area may cover a wide area. For instance. “BT” which refers to Belfast covers the entire Northern Ireland.Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of UK postcode areas.
Steps to Create a Map of UK Postcode Areas
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “U.K. Postcode Areas.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”