Leverage Sales Territory Mapping for Your Business
Visualize Your Territories with Territory Mapping SoftwareWell-defined sales territories directly impact sales results. But how do you take the data you have and visualize it, so you can view your current sales territories and identify new opportunities? This is where Mapline’s quick and easy sales territory mapping feature can help.
Territory Mapping with Mapline’s Drawing PadLet’s say your business has grown to the point where you need to restructure your sales territories so they can be more effective. There are two ways to build sales territories, and they are both super simple. The first way is to leverage the drawing pad to draw territories on your map. This is easy if there aren’t too many territories and you aren’t looking for perfection.
Create Sales Territory with OverlaysThe other way to build sales territories is by mapping territory overlays. This method is best if your sales territories consist of groupings of zip code, county, or state boundaries, and you’d like to color each territory (such as zip code or county) according to the sales territory it belongs to. Let’s assume you’d like to do this with zip codes.
Steps for Sales Territory Mapping
- Go to your Excel spreadsheet and make the first column header “Territory.”
- Below that, enter all the zip codes you have.
- Make the second column header “Color.”
- Next to each zip code, enter the color you would like it to appear on the map. (Perhaps you want Clark’s zip codes to be “Blue” and Peter’s zip codes to be “Green” and so on.)
- Then, just paste those two columns into Mapline and you’re done!